The Division of Strategic Enrollment Management and Student Success is the central hub for student recruitment, retention, success and graduation. Our units work together to recruit a talented and diverse student body and ensure that every student has access to the resources they need to succeed during their time at VCU and beyond.
Our services range from admissions and enrollment management to financial and career advising to academic support. We also offer programs that provide additional guidance to military students, student-athletes, first-generation students and students from lower-income families.
- Applications and enrollment checklists
- Campus tours and recruitment events
- Academic records and course registration
- Summer Studies and Intersession information
- Assistance with graduation progress
- Transfer student resources
- Career advising and goal setting
- Resources and support for military students
- Support for students from low-income families
- Services for students with disabilities
- Guidance for first-generation students
- Academic advising and major maps
- Tutoring, academic coaching and Supplemental Instruction
- Individual writing support and group workshops
- Academic support services for student-athletes
- First-Year Success and Summer Scholars programs
Did you know?
To support adult learners, we've expanded our undergraduate online programs, including degree completion, full programs and certificate programs, offering flexible term lengths and start dates.
We take pride in our work.
At SEMSS, we're always looking for innovative ways to help students achieve their academic, professional and financial goals.
In 2020, we launched the Student Financial Management Center to serve as a central hub for financial outreach, literacy and management to students and families. Financial counselors provide a personalized experience on matters concerning financial wellness, debt management, budgeting and planning for the future.